Microdermabrasion indicates a cosmetic facial treatment where an abrasive spray or exfoliating layer cleanses the dead skin cells. In this article, we will guide you on Microdermabrasion Benefits and risks.
Microdermabrasion Machines are great solution softer, smoother, brighter, clearer skin, and minimize the results of aging.
What is A Microdermabrasion Facial?
Microdermabrasion facial is a process of exfoliating the facial skin by removing the dead cells and dirt from it. Microdermabrasion facial helps your skin rejuvenate as removal of the dirt and dead skin instigates collagen and elastin of your skin from within, meaning new cells’ regeneration.
You can either operate the microdermabrasion at home by available cosmetic tools or get it done from a reliable dermatology clinic. Nowadays, parlors and salons offer microdermabrasion facial too.
What about microdermabrasion benefits and side effects?
Benefits of Microdermabrasion and Pros and Cons of Microdermabrasion
The benefits of microdermabrasion you can expect:
- Your facial skin would smoothen.
- Your skin tone would glint from every angle the light spots on.
- As it exfoliates, brighter complexion of skin is a natural outcome of microdermabrasion.
- By clearing dirt and dead cells, those pores would clean significantly.
- Extracting the dirt and dead cells out of your skin would reduce the dark complexion.
- Dark spots or patches may wipe out.
- Evening out the skin tone may reduce your wrinkles.
- Not a fairy tale, but a cleaner facial skin always makes you look fresher and younger.
Side Effects of microdermabrasion are minimum and temporary:
- A sunburn-like redness may appear on your skin.
- You may notice swell on skin.
- Exposure to sunlight may irritate skin.
- A sensation of burn is possible.
Microdermabrasion Benefits for Acne
Microdermabrasion for acne works beneficially as it deals with various side effects of it. Such as:
- Increases blood circulation and oxygen supply to skin cells.
- Upgrades cell metabolism.
- Ensures lymphatic drainage where waste substances are drained from cells.
- Removes blackheads.
- Unclogs the pores while reducing the pore size.
- Enhances acne removal product result.
- It’s cost-effective.
Note that microdermabrasion for active acne could be worsening as it makes the acne spots infectious.
Does Microdermabrasion Remove Wrinkle?
Microdermabrasion is able to treat the dynamic wrinkles that we develop in our younger ages by smiling or frowning. However, it may not remove static or deep wrinkles that surface the skin with ages.
Microdermabrasion on Sensitive Skin
Your sensitive skin might have a risk of further irritations if you take a microdermabrasion. Nevertheless, a light or minimal abrasive treatment of that kind by a professional could leave your skin at a lesser risk.
Make sure you don’t apply any acidic cosmetics or topical cream on your sensitive skin after a microdermabrasion.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion at Home
Microdermabrasion has made its way from the parlor and clinic to home-treatment as many women are after this skin-transforming facial.
Reap some effective results out of microdermabrasion at home as below:
- First thing’s first; the cost of microdermabrasion at home is like a fraction of a clinical treatment.
- A lesser number of visits to parlors and dermal specialists.
- Microderm exfoliating creams, pastes, and scrubs are available in the market.
- Home microdermabrasion reduces pores, blackheads, black spots, and fine lines.
- Home microdermabrasion kits are easily available at stores and online market that are cheaper and offers similar effectiveness to clinical nursing.
Remember, microdermabrasion kit works less-effectively on clammy or oily skins. [womanwithmind.com]
Benefits of Chemical Peel
Three (3) types of chemical peels are available: light, medium, and deep. Each of these chemical peels has their own benefits. [dermcollective.com]
Light Peel Benefits:
- Light chemical peel has a quick side-effect recovery capacity.
- It reduces hyperpigmentation marks and brightens skin.
- It deals effectively with the acne lesions.
- It ensures less acne issue by temporary sebum reduction.
Medium Peel Benefits:
- Medium chemical peel reduces shallow acne scars.
- It deals with hyperpigmentation marks better than light peel.
- It wanes wrinkles around the eyes and cheeks.
Deep Peel Benefits:
- Deep chemical peel reduces deep acne scars though it has side effects.
- It planes the photodamage problems like wrinkles, age spots, crow’s line, etc.
- It protects skin from the precancerous growth under the skin.
Usually, chemical peel refines the whole skin complexion in one treatment. [skinspirit.com]
Microcurrent Facial Benefits
Microcurrent facial is a face-lifting treatment where micro current waves are administered into the facial cellular network. This treatment improves facial muscles and slows down aging marks. [stylecraze.com][westberkeleywellness.com]
Microcurrent facial offers the below benefits:
- Microcurrent facial tones facial muscle and texture.
- It ensures lymphatic drainage.
- It increases facial cellular activities.
- It lifts your eyebrows and jawlines significantly.
- It deals with sunburn damages.
- It enhances elasticity.
- It planes out wrinkles and fine lines.
- It increases blood circulation under your skin.
- It is suitable for all skin types.
- It wanes acne scars.
Does Microdermabrasion Hurt
Microdermabrasion does not hurt. There may be a slight irritation or tightness in the skin after the treatment but it’s temporary. [oglf.org]
If soothing serum or aftercare substances are applied after the microdermabrasion, there shouldn’t be any pain.
What Does Microdermabrasion Scrub Do
A microdermabrasion scrub is a use-at-home cream mixed with various herbal extracts, which you can apply on your facial skin to exfoliate and rub off the dead cells. This scrub can give you the good results similar to salons or parlors.
Let’s check out the microdermabrasion aftercare below:
- 12 hours after treatment: Avoid heavy makeover that blocks your skin from oxygen.
- 24 hours after treatment: Avoid waxing, tanning, or swimming.
- 48 hours after treatment: Avoid botox, collagen injection, sauna, or sun bed.
- 72 hours after treatment: Avoid using anti-aging cream or exfoliation.
- Apply SPF 15 for regular moisture until the next treatment.
- Splash cold water if your skin feels itchy.
Microdermabrasion How Often You will Use
Consider the number of the microdermabrasion treatment by determining your skin condition.
If your skin is healthier and recovers quickly from external hazard, then a 3-time treatment is suitable for you.
Oppositely, if your skin is dull and prone to scars and acne, then it is reasonable for you to take the microdermabrasion treatment in a 6-time course.
In both cases, there should be 7-10 days intervals. [skinbase.co.uk]
Contraindications of microdermabrasion are:
- Having moderate to severe inflammatory acne
- Having skin irritation, rash, or wound.
- Having cold sore.
- Having rosacea.
- Your regular dermatologist’s prescription is against it.
What Is Microdermabrasion Machine
A microdermabrasion machine is a package of kits that helps treating your facial skin at home. In other words, you can do your own microdermabrasion at home without going to the parlor or clinic.
Several microdermabrasion machines are ranking top places. Among those, Kendal Professional Diamond Microdermabrasion HB-SF01 is a useful and popular one. Let’s have a review on it.
Kendal Professional Diamond Microdermabrasion HB-SF01 is a non-surgical face-resurfacing machine, which peels off dead skin while extracting the dirt out of the skin by suction.
Pros and Cons of Microdermabrasion
- Easy to handle.
- Incredible suction capability.
- Reasonable price.
- Effective abrasive tips of different sizes and purposes.
- Results in smoother and brighter skin.
- Acne scars wane significantly.
- Poor post-purchase customer service.
- Unwarranted parts of the machine.
- Bad compressor.
- Less effective for aged facial skin; above 50.
- 2 Pcs Dermabrasion Stainless Steel Handles
- 9 Pcs of Diamond Tips including different sizes and shapes
- 360 cotton FILTERS (6 bags x 60 filters per bag) (240 small and 120 large ones)
- Air hose for diamond filter, Power cable
- Two cylinder-like plastic oil filters. (Safety: CE Certified)
Professional microdermabrasion usually cost $75-250 per treatment, according to a recent update. Microdermabrasion is considerably much cheaper than other facial treatments such as Dermabrasion, laser, or peels.
An at-home microdermabrasion machine would cost around $180-200, which would reduce your regular visit to clinics or parlors. Therefore, your microdermabrasion cost would reduce to a fraction of the conventional cost.
Does Microdermabrasion Help With Blackheads
Yes, microdermabrasion brightens the skin while obscure the blackheads largely since microdermabrasion suck out all dirt from under the skin and treat the acne scars.
Microderm Infusion Before And After
Microderm infusion is a tri-combination treatment where it exfoliates your skin, sucks out residual dirt and dead cells, and applies customizable infusion serum. [massageenvy.com]
What you can expect before and after a microderm infusion treatment:
- Your earlier flaky skin would turn smooth and supple.
- Your regular damp face would look plump and healthy.
- Your wrinkled lines would almost disappear.
What Is Dermabrasion
Dermabrasion is an abrasive facial treatment where a spinning brush moves over the skin to remove the superficial layer of the skin while stimulating the regenerating particles under the skin. This treatment often helps a person’s skin to heal with a more youthful and smoother skin in place.
How long do the effects of microdermabrasion last?
According to doctors and experts, a microdermabrasion effect may last for several weeks.
What does microdermabrasion do for your skin?
Microdermabrasion exfoliates your facial skin while it takes out the dirt and dead cells from under the skin.
When should you not do microdermabrasion?
If your doctor or personal dermatologist is against microdermabrasion, if your skin is severely sensitive, or if you are about to expose to sun or UV head immediately, you should not use a microdermabrasion treatment.
Does microdermabrasion tighten skin?
Yes, microdermabrasion tightens skin while giving it a supple tone.
Will one microdermabrasion treatment make a difference?
Even for healthy skin owners, one microdermabrasion may make a difference but that too would last for several weeks. After that, more treatments may be required.
Where can I get dermabrasion?
What’s the difference between dermabrasion and microdermabrasion?
A Dermabrasion is an abrasive skin brushing treatment for stimulating regenerative cells under the skin, whereas, a microdermabrasion is a non-abrasive suction treatment by which dead cells and dirt are vacuumed out.