Are you suffering from dry and hacking cough with more mucus? How to Cure Bronchitis Permanently-Looking for Solution then this article is for you.
Cough is the most common illness-related reason for ambulatory care visits, accounting for 2.7 million outpatient visits and more than 4 million emergency department visits annually.1
What is Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is an inflammation, infection and swollen condition of the lining of your bronchial tubes, which carry air to your lungs. Bronchial inflammation causes (bronchitis causes) thickened mucus and nagging cough. Bronchitis may be either acute bronchitis or chronic bronchitis.
We will discuss bronchitis treatment, bronchitis antibiotics, bronchitis pneumonia, bronchitis causes, bronchitis symptoms, bronchitis home remedies
An estimated 3.1 million Americans have been diagnosed with emphysema and 11.2 million U.S. adults have been estimated to have COPD.Source 
Before discussing Acute bronchitis, Chronic bronchitis and bronchitis causes, let’s know about “Bronchiolitis”
Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema
Morbidity: Physicians Visits, Hospitalizations  Data for the U.S.
Number of adults with diagnosed chronic bronchitis in the past year: 8.6 million
Percent of adults with diagnosed chronic bronchitis in the past year: 3.5%
Number of adults who have ever been diagnosed with emphysema: 3.4 million
Percent of adults who have ever been diagnosed with emphysema: 1.4%
What is Bronchiolitis and Bronchitis?
Bronchiolitis is caused by a virus known as the respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), which is spread through tiny droplets of liquid from the coughs or sneezes of someone who’s infected.
Bronchiolitis and bronchitis are both infections of the lungs, but they are two distinct conditions.
Bronchitis can affect people of all ages, mostly affect older children and adults. Bronchiolitis is more common for toddlers and children and it is a common cold.
How long does it take to get rid of bronchitis?
Acute bronchitis go away in 2 to 3 weeks, but some may last 4 weeks.
Bronchitis can be described as being either:
Acute bronchitis and Chronic bronchitis
– Acute Bronchitis definition
Acute bronchitis or severe bronchitis or sometimes referred to as a chest cold, improves within a week to 10 days without lasting effects, although the cough may linger for weeks.
– Chronic bronchitis definition
bronchial inflammation occurs most in chronic. Repeated bronchitis, known as chronic bronchitis. Chronic bronchitis is one of the conditions included in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Emphysema (destruction of the lung) is one type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). The major cause of emphysema is smoking cigarettes.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
COPD is a Life threatening lung disease that causes breathlessness and predisposes to exacerbations and serious illness.
The main cause of COPD is exposure to tobacco smoke (direct or indirect) and exposure to indoor and outdoor air pollution.
COPD develops gradually and becomes apparent after 40 or 50 years of age.
COPD is not curable, but treatment can relieve symptoms and reduce the risk of death.
3.17 million Deaths were caused by COPD in 2015 (that is, 5% of all deaths globally in that year) 
More than 90% of COPD deaths occur in low and middle income countries 
Projections of Global Mortality and Burden of Disease from
2002 to 2030.
Mathers CD, Loncar D. PLoS Medicine. 2006 Nov 28; 209–224.
COPD | What is COPD symptoms| COPD Treatments | @what Causes COPD
When asthma and acute bronchitis occur together, the condition is called asthmatic bronchitis. So in long run asthma disease and asthma attack may turn onto severe condition on acute bronchitis.
Acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease symptoms (shortness of breath, quantity and colour of phlegm) is the worst case for bronchitis.
How does asthma work
Prevent acute or chronic bronchitis by
- Get a yearly flu vaccine.
- Get a pneumonia vaccine.
Allergic bronchitis, the other bronchitis condition- caused by exposure to allergy triggers like tobacco smoke, pollen, pollution, or dust.
Now you know What is bronchitis and what causes it. By the way, will bronchitis go away on its own? Not always. But most of the cases, you don’t need antibiotics for acute bronchitis that is caused by a virus. The infection will almost go away on its own within 1 week.
Note: Bronchitis in pregnancy and Pneumonia can cause serious complications if left untreated
Note: Tracheobronchitis refers specifically to infections causing inflammation in the bronchial airways and trachea.
Bronchitis vs Pneumonia or Bronchitis and Pneumonia
Can you have bronchitis and pneumonia at the same time? Yes! there is a chance to attack both. Do you know the signs of bronchitis and pneumonia?
Do you run a fever with bronchitis or pneumonia ?
Pneumonia (bacterial infections) symptoms can be similar to those of bronchitis (Virus infections). Bronchitis and pneumonia are both lung infections.
Pneumonia lasts longer than bronchitis. Pneumonia affects a larger proportion of the lung, can lead to difficulty breathing. Pneumonia’s most common signs are Persistent fever (often high) Cough, yellow or green mucus which is very similar to bronchitis.
Bronchitis Causes Symptoms and Treatment:
Do I have bronchitis? Is bronchitis infectious? What to do for bronchitis? How long does it take to develop bronchitis? How to know if you have bronchitis?
So many concerns right!
Bronchitis Symptoms Are:
For either acute bronchitis or chronic bronchitis symptoms bronchitis causes:
- Cough (early signs of bronchitis)
- Production of mucus (clear, white, yellowish-grey or green in colour)
- Slight fever and chills (bronchitis fever)
- Chest discomfort/bronchitis chest pain
- Blocked nose and sinuses (worst Bronchiectasis symptoms)
- Joint ache
Develop from a cold or other respiratory infection. Sever one is Chronic bronchitis, bronchial inflammation of the lining of the bronchial tubes, often due to smoking.
Acute bronchitis symptoms
- Cold symptoms
- Mild headache or body aches
- Have a nagging cough that lingers for several weeks.
Acute Bronchitis Treatment
Acute bronchitis should be differentiated from other common diagnoses, such as pneumonia and asthma. Viruses are responsible for more than 90 percent of acute bronchitis infections.
what is the best medicine for bronchitis?
Bronchitis treatment antibiotics are available and effective for adults. The supplement pelargonium may help reduce symptom severity in adults
mucinex for bronchitis-Zicam Cold Remedy Citrus RapidMelts, 25 Quick Dissolve Tablets
How long does it take to develop bronchitis
How long does acute bronchitis last in adults? And how long does it take for bronchitis to go away? Simple! Two to three weeks.
How long does bronchitis last after starting antibiotics?
Acute bronchitis symptoms usually improve in 2 to 3 weeks.
Acute bronchitis develops for a few days like three to four days after a cold or the flu.
Bronchitis causes : Bronchiolitis in adults
What causes bronchitis in adults? How long does acute bronchitis last in adults?
Note: Bronchitis wheezing worse when lying down.
Is bronchitis contagious? Is bronchitis contagious after taking antibiotics?
Yes. A second questions answer is also yes if you just started antibiotics for a few days.
People who have chronic bronchitis or asthma sometimes develop acute bronchitis. Because acute bronchitis is caused by an influenza virus.
- Cigarette smoking (smoking with bronchitis)
- Air pollution and dust or toxic gases in the environment
- Coal smoking
Chronic Bronchitis Treatment: Treatments for Bronchitis
So how do you treat bronchitis? And what helps bronchitis ?
- Cough medicine – coughing should not be completely suppressed and stay for another 7 to 10 days. Benzonatate is one of them to remove cough. Cough medicine removes irritants from the lungs. If you want to buy cough medicine, then there is an excellent selection online (bronchitis antibiotics) with thousands of customer reviews.
- Bronchodilators – bronchodilator is a substance that dilates the bronchi and bronchioles.it open the bronchial tubes and clear out mucus.
- Mucolytics – Mucolytics are medicines for bronchitis which can thin or loosen mucus chesty (productive) cough in the airways, and sticky and easier to cough up making it easier to cough up sputum.
- Oxygen therapy – oxygen therapy improves oxygen intake when Breathlessness occur
- Pulmonary rehabilitation program – respiratory therapist improve breathing.
- If complex then use Methylprednisolone
Bronchitis antibiotics – What is the best antibiotic for bronchitis? These are effective for bacterial infections .
- Christopher’s Original Formula INF Formula (Formerly Infection Formula) – 100 Caps (1 Pack)
- Dr. Christopher’s Unisex Lung & Bronchial Formula Vegetarian Capsules 100 count 425mg
- Breathe Sinus & Lungs Breathing – Seasonal Nasal Health, Open and Clear Airways
How to Cure Bronchitis fast-Bronchitis Home Remedies – Herbs for Bronchitis
Now let’s learn about Natural cure for bronchitis.
How to cure bronchitis? So how to treat bronchitis at home? What’s the best cough medicine for bronchitis?
Can bronchitis go away on it’s own? Yes, sometimes, but most of the cases, if you prevent it by taking honey with ginger and lemon, then it will sooth your chest.
Bronchitis causes and treatment by herbs.
The early stages of bronchitis can easily be treated with herbal remedies.
Natural At-Home Remedies: How to Treat Bronchitis Without Antibiotics
Home remedies herbs
What’s the best cough medicine for bronchitis? Here is the list of natural remedies for bronchitis.
Mullein (a flowering plant), and the bark of the wild cherry tree (Prunus serotina)
Ginger root add lemon, basil, rosemary, and honey with hot water
Hot mustard, horseradish, and wasabi can help loosen up bronchial secretions
Pineapple reduces inflammation.
Inhaled steam is useful for loosening mucus and relieving wheezing.
Gargle salty hot water for 30 seconds
How to reduce your risk of bronchitis
- Avoid close contact with people who have the flu or another respiratory illness
- Wash your hands often or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid public places
- Avoid Pet animals
- Avoid dust, fumes, vapors, and air pollution
- Avoid textiles (fabric fibres)
- Avoid exposed materials such as ammonia, strong acids, and chlorine
Bronchitis in Babies| Bronchitis in Kids |Bronchiolitis in infants
Baby’s lungs become swollen so it is more difficult for your baby to breathe and infants can’t eat.
Bronchitis symptoms in kids and bronchitis in pneumonia have severe symptoms and need hospital treatment if it stays for more than three weeks.
Bronchiolitis Advice under 2 years
How do you treat bronchiolitis in a baby? Check the list and follow
- Keep your child upright ( breathing easier)
- Drink plenty of fluids to hydrate
- Don’t change the temperature (keeps the air moist)
- Dust, pollen-free environment
- Relieving a fever
- Don’t expose to direct or indirect tobacco smoke
- Saline nasal drops
What causes bronchitis in adults
Bronchiolitis in adults caused by –
- Acute bronchitis is normally caused by viruses in adults
- Another caused by a bacterial infection
- Tobacco smoke, dust, fumes, vapours, and air pollution
- Who mostly engaged by colds and flu
Note: Bronchitis wheezing worse when lying down. And bronchitis and asthma are related to each other.
The research was taken from Dr. Mehmet Kesimer